- Retina display: 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology
- 2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- Scaled resolutions: 1680 by 1050, 1440 by 900, and 1024 by 640 pixels
- 2.5GHz dual-core ($1499 model)
Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
Configurable to 2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache.
- 2.6GHz dual-core ($1699 model)
Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
Configurable to 3.0GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache.
- 2.5GHz dual-core
Configurable to 256GB, 512GB, or 768GB flash storage.
- 2.6GHz dual-core
Configurable to 512GB or 768GB flash storage.
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.75 inch (1.9 cm)
- Width: 12.35 inches (31.4 cm)
- Depth: 8.62 inches (21.9 cm)
- Weight: 3.57 pounds (1.62 kg)2
Graphics and Video Support
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Dual display and video mirroring:
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on up to two external displays, at millions of colors
- Thunderbolt digital video output
- Native Mini DisplayPort output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
Connections and Expansion
- MagSafe 2 power port
- Two Thunderbolt ports (up to 10 Gbps)
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- HDMI port
- Headphone port
- SDXC card slot
- Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter (sold separately)
- Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (sold separately)
802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;3 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Headphone port
- Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
Battery and Power4
- Up to 7 hours wireless web
- Up to 30 days standby time
- Built-in 74-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter with cable management system; MagSafe 2 power port
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: –13° to 113° F (–24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- OS X Mountain Lion:
The world’s most advanced desktop operating system. Learn more
- Mac App Store
- Time Machine
- Photo Booth
- Game Center
- iLife: iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand. Learn more
Limited Warranty and Service
In the Box
- MacBook Pro with Retina display
- MagSafe 2 Power Adapter
- AC wall plug
- Power cord
Configure to Order
- 2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 with Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz and 4MB shared L3 cache ($1499 model)
- 3.0GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 with Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz and 4MB shared L3 cache ($1699 model)
- 256GB, 512GB, or 768GB of flash storage
MacBook Pro with Retina Display and the Environment
- Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure
- Mercury-free LED–backlit display
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Meets ENERGY STAR Version 5.2 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold6
- Packaging volumes reduced by 25 percent for up to a 45 percent reduction in aircraft usage.
Learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and process. Or read our Product Environmental Reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of every Apple product.
Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization. Learn more about how to recycle your Mac.
|Sound Power Level|
1 B = 10 dB
|Sound Pressure Level|
|Hard drive accessing||N/A||N/A|
|CD drive accessing||N/A||N/A|
- LWAd is the statistical upper-limit A-weighted sound power level (rounded to the nearest 0.1 B).
- LpAm is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at the operator position (rounded to the nearest dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel).
- Mac Software
- Displays and Adapters
- AirPort and Wireless
- Other Accessories
- Apple USB SuperDrive
- Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter
- 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter
- 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter
- AppleCare Protection Plan
- 1GB=1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Wireless web testing conducted by Apple in January 2013 using preproduction 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems and preproduction 2.6GHz dual‑core Intel Core i5‑based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 50%. Standby testing conducted by Apple in May 2012 using preproduction 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems and in September 2012 using preproduction 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- PVC-free AC power cord available in all regions except China and South Korea.
- MacBook Pro achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S. and Canada.